Basmathi Rice-2 cups
paneer or tofu - 50 gms
Green peas-1 cup(soaked or frozen)
Onion - 2 (thinly sliced)
Mint leaves - 1 bunch
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tspns
Green chillies - 4
Curry Leaves - 1 stalk
oil - 2 tspns
Ghee - 2 tspns
Green Cardamom - 3
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Star anise - 1
Bay Leaf - small size
Cashewnuts - 10
- Wash basmathi rice with cold water for thrice.
- In a pressure cooker heat 2 tsp cooking oil and 2 tsp ghee.
- Add Green Cardamom, Cloves, Bay Leaf and Star anise.
- When it starts popping, stir in green chilles, ginger garlic paste ,mint leaves and salt.
- Add curry leaves and fry on high flame for 1 minute.
- Add finely sliced onion and fry on a medium flame.
- Add green peas to it and leave it for 3 mins.
- Now add 3 cups of water to it and let it boil.
- When water starts boiling add the washed basmathi rice and close the cooker lid.
- Let the rice cook for 2 whistles.
- Switch off gas flame. Allow the cooker to cool naturally.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts and fried tofu.
Fry until golden brown turning over frequently to ensure even browning.
When the tofu cubes have browned - place them onto a plate lined with kitchen paper so that the excess oil is absorbed away.)
- Serve pulao with any raita or veg kurma .