Potato - 4,5
Sambar podi or Chilli powder-1 tsp
Garlic pods - 2,3(optional)
Salt for taste
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel and halve the garlic pods.
- Heat just 1 tspn oil in a non stick pan on medium-high heat, add chopped potatoes and salt.
- Reduce the flame and cook for about 3-5 minutes stirring ocassionally.
- When potatoes are half cooked add garlic pods and stir fry for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add chilli powder when potatoes are well cooked and its turn crispy on outside.
- Serve hot with paruppu sadham ,curd rice etc.
- Here I have added a handful of sio peck chye-a Chinese green leaf along with garlic pods.
- For kids we can add sambar podi instead of chilli powder.
- Even we can add karam masala powder or mutton masala powder.