wheat flour - 2 cupsoil - 2 cups for frying
for potato masala
potato - 4
big onion - 2
green chillies - 4
curry leaves - a stalk
corainder leaves - few chopped
grated ginger - 1 tspn
mustard seeds - 1 tspn
urad dhal - 1 tspn
channa dhal - 1tspn
turmeric - 1/2 tspn
- Mix wheat flour and salt.Add water little by little and make into a harder dough.Add oil & mix the dough until no flour is sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Separate it into small half lemon sized balls.
- Take a ball and roll it in the Palm to make to a rounded ball.
- Stretch this using the Chapathi roller. Stretch it to the even thickness but little thicker than Chapathi.
- Prepare at least 5 or 6 before start frying in oil.
- Place the stretched dough in the oil and deep fry it.
- Pressure cook potatoes with enough water for 3 whistles.
- peel the potatoes skin ,lightly smash the half amount of potatoes and chop the remaining.
- Heat the kadai and add oil.when the oil is heat, add channa dhal,urad dhal,and mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackles add the splitted green chillies,curry leaves and ginger.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till its transculent.
- Then add water when it boils add turmeric powder ,chopped and smashed potatoes into it.cook till it makes a gravy.
- Garnish with corainder leaves.Ready for serve.